• Reduction of Energy Footprint
• Promotion of Green Energy
• Recycling of polyethylene
• Zero-waste strategy
• Annual funding for Research & Development
• Reduction of Energy Footprint:
○ 2020:Installation of photovoltaic panels for electricity autonomy.Investment of 500,000 euros.
○ Water resources management: Collection of rainwater to meet firefighting needs, irrigation and site cleaning.
○ Lighting: Replacement of luminaires using LED technology.
○ Cooling &heating: Attainment of steady temperatures in the production areas, along with air filtering.
• Promotion of Green Energy:Use of electric vehicles and installation of vehicle chargers. Investment of 100,000 euros.
• Recycling of polyethylene materials resulting from the production of PE films:
○ The company operates recycling departments promoting investments in new technology equipment to improve existing units.
• The company develops a zero-waste strategy, with the process of collecting and recycling materials for re-granulation and reuse.
• Annual funding for Research & Development of innovative products that focus on sustainability.
• Biogenic / biodegradable PLA materials
• Compostable products
• High efficiency lamination PE film (EVO)
• PE film using MDO technology for PE / PE mono-material packaging
• EUROFILM ΜΑΝΤΖΑΡΗΣ Α.Ε. member of CEFLEX consortium
• EUROFILM ΜΑΝΤΖΑΡΗΣΑ.Ε. in collaboration with A. Hatzopoulos S.A. and the AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS
• EUROFILM ΜΑΝΤΖΑΡΗΣΑ.Ε. member of CEFLEX consortium:
CEFLEX focuses on research and development for solutions so that flexible packaging transfuse direct, and added value to the circular economy.
It studies and designs/develops advanced systems to improve the performance of these materials (flexible packaging), throughout the collaboration of companies involved in the entire flexible packaging production and supply chain.
○ Within the CEFLEX consortiumpartnerships with other companies throughout Europe are encouraged. The actions aim to develop technologies and processes that will provide better financial and technical management of PE materials combined with environmental targets promoting circular economy.
○ This initiative promotes partnerships between raw material producers and packaging manufacturers for consumer products, traders, as well as waste management and recycling companies.
• EUROFILM ΜΑΝΤΖΑΡΗΣΑ.Ε. in collaboration with A. Hatzopoulos S.A. participate in a National research project for minimizing environmental footprint.
“Exploitation of food industry by-products for the production of biogenic biodegradable, active food packaging” with the acronym: VIOSTROFI.
Under the coordination of:
Structures and Materials Research Group, Agricultural Engineering Department, AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS
In collaboration with the:
• Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Agricultural University of Athens
• Laboratory of. Food Quality Control and Hygiene, Department of Food Science & Human Nutrition, Agricultural University of Athens
• ATHANASIOS HATZOPOULOS S.A.
With the support of the:
• National Project: “RESEARCH – DESIGN – INNOVATION”
• Operational Program “COMPETITIVENESS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION” (EPAnEK)
• Special Managing Authority for the Operational Program “COMPETITIVENESS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION” (EYD EPAnEK)
• Special Managing & Application Authority for Research, Technological Development and InnovationProjects(ΕΥDΕΕΤΑΚ)
Goal of the project is the development of an integrated sustainable business chain of synergic valorization of industrial by-products, for the production of high value-added active food packaging from biodegradable bio-based polymers (PHB) reinforced with micro-or nano-fibers of microbial cellulose (MC). The packaging will be produced on a pilot scale by the participating industries of plastic films and packaging, with financial benefits from the utilization of by-products on the axis of the circular economy.